Login to hide this advertisement

Poll

Would you prefer Custom T-Shirts or Zazzle T-Shirts?

Custom Made

77% - 27
Zazzle Store

2% - 1
No preference

20% - 7
Total Votes: 35
You must be logged in to vote. You may only vote once.

#1 2009-12-05 13:06:35

How should I make t-Shirts?

So I've been thinking about making more t-shirts, and there's two very different ways I can do it. Custom make them, where I go to the manufacturer myself (like I did for the last DYOG shirts). Or I can setup a Zazzle store.

Custom Made:
-only one style of t-shirt
-only one design
-cheap, probably sell for around $10 a t-shirt, plus shipping
-would take me about a month to have made
-gives me the option to give them away free, or offer discounts (ie: no shipping)

Zazzle:
-huge selection of t-shirt styles and colors (plus tanktops, long sleeve, girlies, hoodies, etc).
-more expensive, around $20 for a t-shirt, plus shipping
-limitless number of designs
-would be available immediately
-no discounts or freebies (even I would have to buy one)

NOTE: This poll isn't going to determine the final decision, it's just to get some feedback.

Login to hide this advertisement

#2 2009-12-05 13:16:59

Re: How should I make t-Shirts?

i like it when a little love goes into a shirt design. not to knowck NB's store, but he's got a lot of different characters scenes and quotes to go on shirts, while dyog doesn't really need all that noise. know what i mean? you can limited production run different logos and styles and not only would we think it's awesome, it will BE awesome. and you can change them whenever you want, because 4 weeks is not that long to wait for badass merch.

#3 2009-12-05 13:23:31

Yeah, I think custom made would make more sense.

#4 2009-12-05 13:41:01

I'd say that the lower cost of custom made, coupled with the freedom you'd have in marketing -- freebies, etc. -- well makes up for the lack of variety entailed.  I cast my vote for custom made.

#5 2009-12-05 13:49:22

Administrator wrote:

Zazzle:
-huge selection of t-shirt styles and colors (plus tanktops, long sleeve, girlies, hoodies, etc).

lolz, "Dig Your Own Grave" + big boobs = somethin awsm.

But as great as it sounds, I'd have to go with the custom made. As Cyn said, we don't have that many themes/ideas/quotes/pictures to put on a shirt, so Zazzle would be a waste. Currently, DYOG/LGN isn't that big (yet), so all n' all it would look unique no matter what.

cynnicysm wrote:

and you can change them whenever you want, because 4 weeks is not that long to wait for badass merch.

... is anothe reason.

Custom made all the way.

#6 2009-12-05 14:11:29

AbsintheAndCarnations wrote:

I'd say that the lower cost of custom made, coupled with the freedom you'd have in marketing -- freebies, etc. -- well makes up for the lack of variety entailed.  I cast my vote for custom made.

It's already been said, it seems.

#7 2009-12-05 15:11:16

i lean twords the custom for everything except the freedoms of what types of stuff it can be on now i don't see that as a big deal so custom vote from me

#8 2009-12-05 15:25:24

I'm voting custom as well, for all the reasons listed above.

I know I have ten bucks.

Somehow, I don't think I have twenty. hmm

#9 2009-12-05 16:25:50

I really don't care!

I just want a shirt.

Well, I'd like one of each! Give me one of them custom like Teflon and nika -among others except for one- have posted pictures of, AND give me one special. With a LGN logo (alien head with text; The Littlegrey Network.)
And by 'give me' I mean of course that I'd buy them.

#10 2009-12-05 16:33:53

I hope the custom design will have an Oh The Huge Manatee theme!

#11 2009-12-05 16:53:15

AbsintheAndCarnations wrote:

-signed

#12 2009-12-05 18:48:16

Derp
Yes, custom would be cool. I liked the design on the previous run, from what I saw in other people's posts. So a limited design range really shouldn't be an issue.

#13 2009-12-05 23:31:46

I'm a bit unsure why you could only have a single design available with custom made.. I can see why they'd be limited, but only one?

#14 2010-03-22 19:07:15

Hate to bump, but how are these going?

#15 2010-03-22 20:43:55

Well they were on hold for a while because the prize money was very delayed in getting to me (but I finally got it last month). The problem I have now is where to keep the shirts. I want to get a lot done, and it will probably end up being two large, heavy boxes. Where I'm living right now (temporarily), I do not have the space for that. So I need to work out where it will make sense to have them printed, and then stored where I can send them out easily when I get orders.

I'm excited about new shirts, so it's definitely going to happen. It's just a little more complicated than it seems. Sorry for the delay sad

#16 2010-03-22 21:06:14

I thought you lived in a mansion, with 2 models and your butler Jeeves?

#17 2010-03-22 21:47:21

Uh... yes... right you are. The mansion is very full at the moment. Full of supermodels!

#18 2010-03-27 11:16:39

Hello Admin, will you ship to the far corners of the world (Sweden, for example)?

#19 2010-03-27 11:30:32

the dude has space and a paypal account...he's just sayin.

#20 2010-03-27 13:47:46

Yes, I'll ship everywhere once I get them.

Board footer