Login to hide this advertisement

#1 2011-05-17 13:08:29

Mafia 12 - The Experiment

The ad in the newspaper was certainly enticing enough.  "Want to earn $5000? Come participate in the Littlegrey Science Foundation's inaugural research study! We've developed revolutionary theories on human interaction, but we need test subjects like you to confirm or deny their veracity. No limitations! No prerequisites! If you're interested, we want you! Limited spots available!"

When you signed up for the experiment, however, the "revolutionary theories" being tested weren't quite what you were expecting...maybe you should have read the fine print...

GAME INFORMATION:

Welcome to Mafia 12!

If you're unfamiliar with the mafia concept, or would simply like a refresher course, please refer to any of the previous games within this forum category.

NOTE: If you are interested in playing in this game, please PM me before the game starts. On the other hand, if you no longer can commit yourself to this game, please also contact me, so that I can remove you and find a potential replacement.

It will be in your best interest to read all of the information contained below. If you have questions, feel free to PM me or post within this topic.

ROLES

(1) Lead Doctor - Person in charge of the experiment. After having toiled for years in obscurity doing the legwork for those above him, he's finally been granted the opportunity to make his own name in the scientific community. However, absolute power, when met with inexperience, can have undesired consequences... [Host role. Every night,  I will assign a random special role ability to one of the Test Subjects. If someone with a special role is selected, they will have use of both special abilities. Roles randomly assigned are Bodyguard, Investigator, and Cowboy. Cowboy cannot be selected twice in a row.]

(6/10) Alpha/Beta Test Subjects - Those who signed up for the experiment, mostly for the money. Split up into two groups: Alpha Test Subjects and Beta Test Subjects. [Citizen/Mafia roles. Alpha Test Subjects are mafia; every night, a representative from the Alphas will send me the name of an individual they wish to kill. Beta Test Subjects are the citizens; every day, they attempt to figure out who killed one of their own. ]

(1) Parent - Following the tragic loss of his/her child in a preventable accident, the Parent has vowed that they'll let nobody else get hurt again as long as they live. [Bodyguard. Every night, will send me the name of a Test Subject they'd like to protect. When an Alpha Test Subject is selected as a Bodyguard by the Lead Doctor, they can use their ability to save someone during a Day vote. ]

(1) Paranoid - A shut-in normally averse to any interaction with people, the loss of the Paranoid's parents bled his/her income dry, and now he/she must earn money by any means possible. The Paranoid is unusually attuned to the mannerisms of others, especially as it pertains to human guilt.
[Investigator. Every night, will send me the name of a Test Subject they'd like to investigate. When an Alpha Test Subject is selected as an Investigator by the Lead Doctor, they can use their ability to determine the identity of one of the special roles.]

RULES:
- The gametime will be measured in Days.. There are two parts to each day: Day and Night

- The game will begin at Night Zero. At this time, many roles will be active.

*An Alpha Test Subject Representative will send me a PM designating the individual they wish to kill.

*The Parent and The Paranoid will also be active. Each will send me a PM designating an individual to protect and an individual to investigate, respectfully.

*The Lead Doctor will use a randomization system to both select a Test Subject as well as a Special Ability for that test subject. No group will get more than two additional special roles in a row. If Bodyguard or Investigator are selected, the individual will receive a PM, where I will ask them to send me the name of an individual they'd like to protect or investigate. If Cowboy is selected, the individual will receive a PM, where I will ask them to send me the name of an individual they'd like killed.

* Beta Test Subjects will do nothing during the Night. They may discuss the results of previous Days/Nights, but other than that, are only responsible for voting on who to kill.

- Once all PMs have been received for Night actions, or if a certain amount of time has expired, the game will move into Day. At this time, players will be notified of the actions of the night, including anybody who was killed and anybody who was protected and their respective roles. A hint will also be provided as to who committed the murder/protected the individual who was targeted  This is important, as this hint will be the key to figuring out the Alpha Test Subjects' identity.

- After this notification, people are free to discuss who they believe to be the killer, and cast their votes as to who to exact vigilante justice against. ALL ROLES MAY PARTICIPATE IN THIS VOTE. This is key, as one has to be wary of an Alpha Test Subject who might be leading them astray. The determination is made by majority rule.

- After a majority has been reached, or after a certain amount of time has expired, a conclusion post will be created, detailing the results of the vote, as well as the killed playerís role.  At this point in time, the game will move back to Night, and the game will cycle in this manner until a victory condition is met.

-Discussion of Mafia may ONLY occur within the mafia topic. Obviously I have no control over PMs, and I canít be in the chatroom all the time, so I canít always be there to enforce this rule, but I expect you to hold yourselves to a standard so that gameplay can be fair. ANY REVEALING OF YOUR ROLE TO ANY INDIVIDUAL WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE GAME, EXCEPT IN SITUATIONS I SET FORTH.

- PLEASE remain active within the game. A mafia game is only successful if every member who signed up participates. This really requires minimal effort (10-15 minutes a day is more than enough to be a ďgoodĒ player) , but Iíve hosted many a game where inactivity made the game very slow and boring for all involved.

-As host, I reserve the right to alter, add, or remove any rules or players at any time for any reason. I will rarely (if ever) exercise this power, but if I see something fishy, I will take action. I have a lot of experience with this, and I know a lot of the potential loopholes people try to exploit; donít try to outsmart me.

- This may seem confusing at first, but youíll get used to it quickly as the game progresses. Again, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or post within the game topic.

I think that's everything. If you need clarification, feel free to post. Good luck, and happy hunting! Roles will be out this evening.

~Piro

Last edited by Pirotechnix (2011-05-17 13:11:36)

Login to hide this advertisement

#2 2011-05-17 13:10:14

Re: Mafia 12 - The Experiment

1. morhkt
2. naruga - Killed Night Two - Beta Test Subject
3. Vogel
4. Teflon Monkey
5. 1supercosmic
6. sir colton - Killed Day Three - Beta Test Subject
7. CouchDestroyer
8. kristina_007
9. Turtleboy412 - Killed Night Four - Beta Test Subject
10. duckwariorrandom
11. EroticDriving - Killed Day Four - Alpha Test Subject
12. Mario_Man - Killed Day Two - Alpha Test Subject
13. felis20 - Killed Day One - Paranoid
14. Vayne Strife
15. BSan
16. Ninatrek - Killed Night Zero - Beta Test Subject
17. Brett - Killed Night One - Beta Test Subject
18. Dune

Last edited by Pirotechnix (2011-07-08 16:33:54)

#3 2011-05-17 14:50:08

This is gonna be cool.

#4 2011-05-17 17:17:34

I'd like to see that small print.

#5 2011-05-18 01:42:48

All roles have been doled out. If you did not receive a role PM, please inform me ASAP.

Night Zero now begins. Representative for Alpha Test Subjects, Paranoid, Parent, and Selected Test Subject, PM me.

#6 2011-05-18 07:46:34

Awesome

I like the setting.

#7 2011-05-18 07:53:32

Nihilist Ninja

#8 2011-05-18 08:22:17

^ I had 100% forgotten about that.

#9 2011-05-18 14:02:17

^Yup, nostalgia.

#10 2011-05-18 15:01:38

He must hate us all for that.

#11 2011-05-18 19:25:23

He isn't even active...

#12 2011-05-18 20:06:25

And that'd be the reason.

#13 2011-05-19 11:25:55

Still waiting on two PMs.

#14 2011-05-19 22:26:53

morhkt wrote:

Nihilist Ninja

good times. good times.

also; so excited for this game big_smile

#15 2011-05-20 10:46:09

Final two PMs have until Sunday at 12:01 am (Central Standard Time).

#16 2011-05-20 10:57:29

OH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

#17 2011-05-21 00:02:23

super excited this seems like this could interesting fast.

#18 2011-05-21 17:22:23

OK, time to reveal the scragglers.

Paranoid and representative for Alpha Test Subjects, PM me.

#19 2011-05-23 01:31:09

Is it going to take this long for every step of this game? :\

#20 2011-05-23 08:14:48

It shouldn't.
Clue up after work for me today.

Board footer