Login to hide this advertisement

#1 2013-12-26 06:28:29

Free Games! Woohoo!

So recently I purchased a Humble Bundle, got a bunch of games for 15 which would ordinarily have cost hundreds, which was awesome. However, I already own two of them:
Garry's Mod Taken!
&
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed
Therefore, I have one steam key each to give to anyone who may be interested in one of these games. So just send me a PM if you're interested and I'll send you a Christmas present in the form of a link for a free game. Hooray! big_smile
In case my inbox explodes with people begging for free games, I'll be working on a first come, first served basis. So better hurry if you want one of these!

EDIT: Garry's Mod has been given away to 'The Silent Scream'. Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed is still available for anyone who may want it.

EDIT 2: I have never been more desperate to give someone a free game before.

Last edited by The123robot (2014-10-08 11:39:59)

Login to hide this advertisement

#2 2014-01-04 22:30:17

Re: Free Games! Woohoo!

Did your inbox explode? smile

#3 2014-01-05 09:54:03

Nope. Not a single person has PM'd me. I'm honestly quite surprised, you would think people would go crazy at the offer of free games but I guess not. They're both still available, and if anyone takes them I'll make an update here of course. I don't think the keys ever become invalid or anything so even if it takes several years for anyone to PM me they should still be there, no need to worry about that.

Last edited by The123robot (2014-04-04 08:49:44)

#4 2014-01-05 11:06:05

I would have asked you for the Garry's mod, had I not recently purchased it myself.

Might I interest you in a free Scrolls code?
That does expire, however. Somewhere next Februari, I believe...

#5 2014-01-05 13:01:58

I don't have Steam or I'd have been first in line.

#6 2014-01-07 00:22:59

I don't want sonic and G-mod I got on sale for 2-ish dollars 2 years ago

#7 2014-01-07 09:38:30

Yeah, was thinking it was something along those lines for most people. Either you don't have Steam, already have the games or you hate them so much you don't even want them for free. tongue I'm sure someone will come along eventually and want these games, it's just a matter of time...

Last edited by The123robot (2014-04-04 08:51:22)

#8 2014-01-07 21:25:15

What is Garry's Mod like? If it's a decent game, I would like to nominate myself for this gift. smile

#9 2014-01-08 08:45:53

Hmm, I'm not really sure how to describe it. Time to consult Wikipedia!

"Garry's Mod (often abbreviated as GMod ) is a sandbox physics game using a modified Source engine, created by Garry Newman. Purchase of Garry's Mod requires the user to own at least one game on Steam based on the Source engine, such as Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Portal, or Team Fortress 2."
(Here's a list of other games that count towards that.)

"Garry's Mod allows players to manipulate items, furniture and "props" various objects that players can place in-game. The game features two "guns" Physics Gun and Tool Gun for manipulating objects. The Physics Gun allows objects to be picked up, adjusted, and frozen in place. The Tool Gun is a multi-purpose tool for performing various tasks, such as combining props, attaching them via ropes, and creating controllable winches and wheels." So you can basically use them to create crazy contraptions like the ever-popular bathtub with wheels and other even more awesome, crazy things. big_smile

"Another popular Garry's Mod concept is ragdoll posing. The player can spawn a ragdoll model from a Source game and pose it using a variety of tools. This is a popular tool for making fan-made videos and machinimas."

"Garry's Mod supports multiplayer gameplay on dedicated game servers. Players can build contraptions together and communicate via text or voice. Garry's Mod servers run many game modes, most of which are user-created modifications. Some of the more popular modes include: Roleplay (RP) where players take on a specific role in the server's society, CityRP, where players role-play in a city-like society and Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT), which involves a group of terrorists (Innocents) (this can also include a group of detectives, who have special tools aid in finding traitors) with another, smaller group of traitors within them, whose goal is to kill all of the Innocents; as well as several zombie survival mods. There are also Deathrun servers where the "Death" players trigger traps to try and kill the other players that are trying to get to the end of the level, which is usually an obstacle course, of sorts."

So there you go, everything you need to know about Garry's Mod thanks to Wikipedia. There's probably some good gameplay videos here too. If you're looking for an opinion from me, I personally enjoy it, it's my most played game on Steam. I've owned it since 2009 and have about 1500 hours or so on it, so it's not something I just played once and never touched ever again obviously. Interested?

Last edited by The123robot (2014-04-04 08:53:07)

#10 2014-01-08 17:41:09

I am, yeah, sounds interesting. smile I've never gifted anything or received a gift on steam before, so I'm not sure how it works, but my username is Jrado17, if you need it to gift a game. smile

#11 2014-01-09 13:26:49

Wheelnut wrote:

I would have asked you for the Garry's mod, had I not recently purchased it myself.

Might I interest you in a free Scrolls code?
That does expire, however. Somewhere next Februari, I believe...

I just realised that I missed this message. Anyway, I understand why no one wants free games that they don't like now. No point in me taking a free game that I don't care for when someone else who probably wants it more could have it instead. It's like donating money to people in poverty instead of going out to watch a movie or something....although I'm not sure how those are at all like each other. I should shut up now.

Anyway, gifting from Humble Bundle seems to work differently from the usual Steam gifting thing. Normally I could just gift it you, you would get a little notification that you now have it and can install it and it would be much easier, but of course this has to be all complicated. Humble Bundle requires that I send you a link where you have to fill in your e-mail address and such (which I of course can't look at, don't worry about that) and then something else probably happens and you probably get a free game on Steam and you'll probably be very happy. Probably. I'll PM you the link and in no time at all you'll have an awesome free game waiting to be played! Hooray!

EDIT: Done, The Silent Scream now has Garry's Mod. Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed is still available.

Last edited by The123robot (2014-04-04 08:54:41)

#12 2014-01-17 10:05:17

No worries about missing it. I wasn't interested in any games anyway. I was just hocking my own stuff.
Speaking of which; according to a Facebook post, I have two weeks left to redeem a free copy of Scrolls.

#13 2014-10-08 11:39:24

*dusts away cobwebs* You know guys, I still have the link for that free game, just waiting for someone to play it. It's been very lonely this past year. It's desperate for someone to play it...for free. FREE. I only recently remembered it was still available, so I guess I'll remind you all in case one of you is suddenly interested in it all of a sudden. It seems like everybody hates Sonic anyway since every single person I've offered it to has turned it down, but maybe there's someone new or someone changed their mind or something for the FREE game. Emphasis on FREE. FREE.

Not like I'm trying to force any of you guys to get it or anything. Just reminding anyone like Legor who wasn't here when I first offered it. Plus I'm bound to lose the link or forget about it at some point, and then I've just wasted my money haven't I? A perfectly good FREE game gone to waste because everyone hates fun. Still not trying to guilt trip you into taking it, I promise. But, you know, FREE. tongue

#14 2014-10-08 14:38:01

I'll be honest, Sonic goes against my moral code.

#15 2014-10-08 16:25:12

Not even any friends or relatives or anyone? FREE? 15 game which is roughly $25 which is roughly 19 for FREE? High rated game for FREE? Racing game FREE? FREE!?

Did I mention it was free? Not sure I did. It's free, by the way. Unless you want to pay me money for it. That's fine too, if you'd prefer that. big_smile

I'm not even sure what that means by the way, against your moral code. I do know it means another person turning down a FREE game though.

Hold on, wait.

ShadoCrytr wrote:

Sonic, however, has always been a character I've loathed. He'll be tasting the home-run bat soon enough, though.

tacomaster wrote:

sonic series < anything

ShadoCrytr wrote:

Sonic sucks. neutral

Vectorguy wrote:

It's just that I bought it used and a lot of the games that the previous owner had I wasn't impressed with (no Sonic!  That would've helped!).

Man, everybody on this forum hates Sonic apparently.

Titan1203 wrote:

More of a Sonic man myself...

Someone get Titan on the line!

EDIT: Okay, maybe that was a bit much. Just, you know, anyone who is even very slightly interested let me know. I'd rather not come back tomorrow to see fifty more 'I don't care' posts, so just post if you want the game, even if it's just a little bit. Five minutes of play time is still better than none, at least you're not wasting any money. tongue

Last edited by The123robot (2014-10-09 09:27:29)

Board footer