#21 2016-09-01 10:43:11

Re: Text Adventuring

> Examine ceiling
> Examine floor

Login to hide this advertisement

#22 2016-09-01 11:33:26

> Disassemble mini bike

...part of me wants to use the lighter to set everything flammable on fire.

#23 2016-09-01 11:57:09

>Tie string to lid.

#24 2016-09-02 10:44:31

Tie the string to the lid? In what way?
Oh well, I'll just make something of it.

You look up to inspect the ceiling. It's just as smooth and white as the walls are.
There's a fluorescent light fixture roughly in the middle of the ceiling. Both the ceiling and the light fixture are too high for you to reach.

You look down to take a closer look at the floor. It's covered with creamish beige colored linoleum.
It has a dimpled texture, but lies otherwise flat.

You decide to break apart the miniature bicycle. You take off the wheels by bending the frame out wide enough for the axles to drop out. The saddle comes loose with a ferm tug. One or two welds break during your manhandling, so the frame has a few loose ends now.

You want to tie your string to the box lid, but it's too short to make it all the way around.
Instead, you tear a little hole in the top near the edge, and pull the string through.
You then tie the ends of the string together in a neat little bow.

-Disposable cigarette lighter
-Miniature bicycle parts
-Decorated box lid

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to update during the weekend, but I'll certainly be back around this time next monday.
Contemplate your actions carefully...

#25 2016-09-02 10:59:49

Push lid under door

#26 2016-09-02 11:17:03

> Examine bicycle parts

I'm hoping there's something inside the bike frame, or that one of the parts can be used on the door...

#27 2016-09-04 14:12:55

Alright, here it goes:

As it is now, the box lid does not fit under the door. You tear out the corners and flatten the lid. It does fit now. You push it underneath the door, bow and all, until it's all the way gone. Both the lid and the string are now out of your reach.

You examine the broken bicycle again. The saddle is a cheap piece of black plastic, with a small hole where the frame went in. The frame is made out of fairly thick, fairly easily bendable, solid steel wire. Your earlier forceful disassembly has caused some of the frame's weldings to come apart, leaving some long, protruding ends. The wheels are made of similar steel wire as the frame, but aren't broken. The tires around the wheels are made out of the same plastic as the saddle.

-Broken bicycle parts

Don't worry, that thing wasn't essential.

#28 2016-09-04 15:18:10

>break off a piece of wire
>use wire in lock

#29 2016-09-06 09:58:48

I waited a day to see if there would be more actions, but I guess this is it for now.

You break off as long a piece of wire as you can from the miniature bicycle frame.
It's an excellent tool for prying, picking, poking, and prodding.

In an attempt to pick the lock on the door, you try to fit your new found tool into the key hole, but the wire is too thick to fit in.

-Broken bicycle parts
-Piece of steel wire

#30 2016-09-06 14:36:42

> Use lighter to heat the wire, then use broken bicycle parts to hammer the wire flatter
> Attempt to pick lock with new tool

...if that fails...

> Kick the door down

#31 2016-09-06 22:08:33

(Provided the kick didn't put a hole in the door.)
> Use lighter to light the bristles on the bottom of the door

#32 2016-09-07 05:45:26

Getting physical, eh?

You take the lighter, and heat up your wire. It gets hot, but not red hot.
You then try to use the other bicycle pieces as hammers, giving each part a try.
The frame bends beyond recognition, the wheels do the same. The plastic of the saddle and tires cracks, and pieces of it stick to the heated wire that is your tool.

The result is a blackened piece of wire, covered in plasticky debris.

Since that didn't work, you decide to try to burn down the door, attempting to light the bristles underneath the door.
The flame makes the bristles melt and stick together. They are not flammable. You do blacken the bottom edge of the door, but can't set it alight.

Frustrated by your failed attempts, you give the door a good hard kick with the bottom of your shoe.
The door turns out to be more sturdy than it looks. You manage to break through the outer layer of hardboard, but the inside of the door is reinforced with steel bars. There's also flame retardent material inside.

-Unrecognizable pieces of junk
-Blackened, plasticky piece of wire

Sorry guys, I can't let you forcefully break down or remove the door.
Perhaps if this adventure reached beyond the door of this room I would, but not in this case.
In this case, I want you to find the key and unlock it.

#33 2016-09-07 09:15:32

> Shake lighter and listen for anything inside (particularly anything vaguely key-like)

#34 2016-09-07 11:32:30

> Search the inside of the door

I'm tempted to use the wire to inflict self-harm, but that wouldn't be very sporting of me, would it? tongue

#35 2016-09-08 10:38:01

You shake the lighter to hear if there's anything inside it. You can hear nothing but the sloshing of butane.
The level of which has been greatly decreased, as you can see through the clear plastic.

You take a look at the inside of the door. There's thick steel bars reinforcing the inside of the door.
Between the bars there's a flame retardent material, not unlike wall insulation. You pluck at it a little, but find nothing of interest.

-Unrecognizable pieces of junk
-Blackened, plasticky piece of wire

Shaking a see-through lighter to check for hidden items, a tendency for self mutilation, and an arsonistic streak...
Perhaps this character needs to have itself examined... Just saying...

#36 2016-09-08 16:21:33

> Knock around on walls to discover secret compartments

#37 2016-09-08 16:21:47

> turn over box
> stand on box
> examine lighting fixture

#38 2016-09-08 17:12:52

Good thinking Potato!

> Tap on the flooring to see if there are any hidden spaces

#39 2016-09-09 10:01:01

You knock on every inch of the walls, checking for any differences, but they all sound alike everywhere. Like solid concrete.
You get on all fours, and start doing the same for the floor, with the same result. Solid.

Knowing the ceiling light is too high up for you to reach, you try making a step stool out of the box by turning it over and stepping on it, but it collapses under your weight as soon as you put your foot on it. The box is now flat.

You inspect the light fixture as well as you can from your current vantage point.
The light fixture is white, rectangular in shape, and has two fluorescent tubes shining brightly inside its semi-transparent middle section. There are no further gaps, buttons, or other noticable features on the outside of it.

-Unreconizable pieces of junk
-Blackened, plasticky piece of wire.

Good effort, but still no.
I never suspected this warm up to reach page three. Wow.
Getting closer! Think hard!

#40 2016-09-09 15:03:46

> Examine self

Board footer