•  » Minecraft
  •  » Official LGN Minecraft Server Discussion Thread

#1481 2016-08-19 10:20:42

Re: Official LGN Minecraft Server Discussion Thread

You'd be able to keep up with me, I run at 5 FPS. smile

Login to hide this advertisement

#1482 2016-08-19 10:52:11

I really don't want you to feel that way, Wheelnut. I was hoping that this could be a good way for us to have fun and experience the newness together. big_smile Of course, we certainly wouldn't try to leave you out on purpose, but I can get a bit impatient, I'm sorry. Especially when everyone tends to play at different times and whatnot. If you were to hopefully play (I really like it when lots of people get involved smile ), I'd definitely try my best to make sure you're comfortable with everything before trying to get 100 steps ahead, I swear. big_smile I'd love for you to at least give it a try, maybe we can help introduce things to you.

I think you should give it a go, I'll help you get into things, you let me know if there's anything you don't understand and whatnot and I'll try to help you. I want us all to have a good time playing. smile I guess I'd have to try not to get super far ahead - maybe a good compromise would be assigning certain tasks to different people, and making sure each person had an equal amount of things to do. It'd be hard to organise, but it could work. Would that be a good idea? At the very least, give me an idea of when you'll be on and I could help you out. I'd love to at least see you have a go. Even Potato tried, and he couldn't play above 5 FPS. tongue I hope we'll see you there soon!

I'm certainly going to have slow things down though, I hope we've not gotten too far ahead already...this is why I was disappointed Potato won't be able to play until next week, I don't want everything to be totally finished by the time he first plays. Let's see, we only have iron stuff (if that), and a Nether portal, BUT we haven't explored it yet. There's a small potato farm, a small room for spawning mobs...outside of that, it's just mod stuff. It's all fairly basic now though, I swear. Even if that sounds a lot, there's tons more stuff still left to do in the mod, and I still don't understand all of it, so perhaps we can be on the same level. big_smile Gosh, I hope that's not too far ahead for you, Wheelnut. I want to make sure we're all on the same level and enjoying ourselves. smile

#1483 2016-08-19 11:39:14

The server has been up and running for about 3 days now, and we have barely scratched the surface even though it seems like we have accomplished a lot. And as for the co-op aspect of it, I wouldn't mind if we split up for separate islands and work towards bridging out to each other. That way we can all kind of work on our own pace and everything

#1484 2016-08-21 11:46:09

I'd just like to let you all know that there was a slight incident with the mob farm involving me dying about ten times, and it may not be usable for a while. tongue I'm also interested if Potato knows exactly when he'll get his graphics card, and when Wheelnut gets back, if he'll play too. I'm super excited to mess around with the modpack with more people! big_smile

#1485 2016-08-21 15:20:48

I will have to see this incident lol, I have a pretty good idea on how to set up an efficient mob system

#1486 2016-08-22 01:22:30

No.

#1487 2016-08-22 10:47:48

Huh. Well, I guess that's...an answer. More simple an answer than I was expecting, I will say. And after all those convincing paragraphs I wrote too. tongue Well, if you don't want to come on, then I obviously can't make you. That's okay. smile

#1488 2016-08-28 16:03:19

Hey, since the server isn't getting a whole lot of activity, I would be interested in switching it up, maybe back to vanilla minecraft, so we can discover the new updates together?

#1489 2016-08-28 17:26:38

My graphics card is scheduled to be here Tuesday, if you want to leave it up for another couple days I'll be on!

#1490 2016-08-28 17:29:54

Well, I suspect it'd be more likely to get Wheelnut's approval, at any rate. big_smile I must apologise for my absence - I got a bit annoyed after the mob farm fiasco, I'll admit. Plus it takes ages to start up SkyFactory. tongue Plus being stuck on one tiny island can feel a bit limiting. Plus I've been a bit unexpectedly busy this week. But hey, Potato's graphics card should have been fixed this week, right? Has he been on? I don't even know. tongue Well, nevermind that, he just posted. What a coincidence! OR MAYBE NOT AND HE'S WATCHING ME THROUGH HIS HIDDEN CAMERA! Who knows? lol Surprising Potato should be interesting though, so I'd say it's worth it to keep it up until then. I should check up on the server, see what you've been up to, GFWP. I'll check on that tomorrow hopefully. The new features are super interesting though, so I can't complain about that. big_smile

#1491 2016-08-28 18:47:58

Sounds good, thanks for all the feedback! I will definitely wait a bit then and see what everyone thinks at a later date!

#1492 2016-08-28 19:09:52

I added in a Chunk Loader, as more of a technical issue, this way the server should stay running even though we aren't online. That way if we are sifting materials or what not, it will continue when we arent there.

#1493 2016-08-29 10:00:27

Well, I might come and check out the server if it's just fill-in-the-IP-and-click-logon-vanilla.
Maybe not as an active participant, but more of a dangling participle...
I found beet root on my own game. Apparently it's used to breed pigs and make beet soup.

#1494 2016-08-29 18:34:07

Well, we will see how things go with this modpack for now, if we still aren't really getting anywhere with it then Vanilla would be the next best thing smile

#1495 2016-08-30 16:12:42

I am on the server! But I have no idea what I'm doing.

#1496 2016-08-30 17:07:59

Well, I don't know when you'll see this, but I'm on at the time of posting. I get the feeling you'll need someone to guide you along. tongue

#1497 2016-09-06 14:48:07

Oh Jeez, I got on today and yesterday, I didn't realize we needed more storage space for our ore production, I've since added another iron chest, but we will probably need even more than that.

• Index
  •  » Minecraft
  •  » Official LGN Minecraft Server Discussion Thread

Board footer