Login to hide this advertisement

#1 2016-09-21 14:51:55

Turtleboy412

Hello friends. I'm not even sure how to phrase this topic, or anything like that but I was asked to let you all know. Those of you who remember turtleboy412 (better known here as turtle or Josh) his sister (known to most of us as Peachy) asked me to share that he sadly passed away this past May. He was involved in a fire, and shortly after taken off life support surrounded by his family.

Little grey was a big part of his life, like it was for most of us, and she wanted you guys to know.

<3

Login to hide this advertisement

#2 2016-09-21 15:19:25

Re: Turtleboy412

D:

My condolences. Thank you kristina for passing along the message.

#3 2016-09-21 16:39:32

I don't know how to respond to this. This is not something you even think about happening. I just can't imagine that something like this would actually happen to someone here. Everyone on this forum means or has meant a lot to me, and I feel like this is a good time to let you all know that. I have many things I want to say, but they're all hard to organise in my head. I may have only known him as Turtleboy on this forum, but thinking about all of the conversations we had...well, it sheds a completely different light on these things when you look back. It just seems...for lack of a better word, odd, to see us happily and innocently making discussion. It makes you think about how anything can happen at any time. It's hard to put into words, but all of that discussion, from not even that long ago, is still documented here. I am glad that he was here to brighten up my days those years ago, and hopefully, we were there to brighten his. I'm sorry, it's hard for me to write down all my thoughts - nothing like this has ever happened before. And it's ridiculous, it's absolutely and utterly cruel that he lived such a short life. He deserved more. He was a great person. From what I could tell - I still don't want to act like I knew him personally just based off of some forum posts, but he made me happy, I remember. He was one of the more memorable members from those old days, in my eyes, and someone who will go out of their way to be so nice behind an alias must have been a good person. Just like you all are. All of us here are good people, I think. No one here deserves this.

This is a lot for me to process, and while it has had a large effect on me, I'm still glad that you shared this news with us. It puts things into a different perspective, and it makes me want to wish you all live happy and fulfilling lives, because everyone here should. I don't want anything like this to happen to anyone else on this forum. If Peachy thought we were a big enough part of his life to ensure that we were made aware...well, amidst the sadness, it confirms to me that this forum is an amazing place. It can improve people's lives in such unexpected ways. It's hard, but we should celebrate the life he led both online and offline, because he should have that, if nothing else, and I'm sure he wouldn't want us to wallow in misery when we think of him. I know this happened four months ago now, but it's...difficult news to comprehend suddenly. I'll remember you all forever, but most of all I will remember Turtleboy / Josh (it feels impersonal to refer to him as his username, but that's how I know him best), because he deserves our love, respect, and memories. I'm never going to let myself forget this. I know we didn't do much more than talk online, chat, but...this hits me hard. And I feel like I should give this my full recognition. Again, I'm sorry for dragging this on.

I feel like I should release one more thing though - back in July 2015, I began contacting old LGN members in the hopes of staging a sort of reunion here on the site. Turtleboy was one of the members I contacted. He never replied. Maybe I should have pressed harder for a reply. I would have if I had known it could've allowed us to happily reminiscence and talk with him one more time. Maybe help make his last days better, knowing that he considered Littlegrey a major part of his life. Maybe it means I should try re-contacting those who didn't reply again. Like I said, you never know what will happen, and I don't know that I want to be left with that regret. Because there was a great opportunity there, and I missed it. What if he just missed it and it was the one thing that would've reminded him...I think he would've enjoyed coming back here again. I hope his last moments were happy ones. Anyway, this is the message I sent to him. I feel like it would make sense to share it with you guys now - there's a lot of other history on this forum that can and should be looked through, but I feel that this is potentially equally as important, and, however unintentionally, summarises things well.

My Message wrote:

Hello there! I am The123robot from the Littlegrey Network and I have reason to believe that you are Turtleboy, who used to be an active member on the site several years ago. If you were not, feel free to disregard this message.

We have been discussing activity on the forums (yes, they do still exist) recently and people were interested in hearing from old members (I suppose it's like a mini-reunion of sorts), and you were one of the people that came to mind - I'll admit, you were one of the members I liked most, and looks like you haven't changed much! I can help refresh your memory if it's understandably a bit hazy, such as the old Count to a Million thread or the Mafia games (one of which you hosted!) or any of the other shenanigans we were involved in, plus the old members like ShadoCrytr and Kristina and Iceman and so on, all of whom I have also contacted. Hopefully this is bringing back some good memories, eh? smile

I understand that you may be a bit busy, but we are really interested in hearing from you and how your life is post-LGN! If you could find the time to leave a post on the site itself, even better, but again, I understand if you are unable to. Any reply is fine really though, whether you want to talk about your current life or just reflect on the good old days. Do know that I will be reporting back on what you say to the guys back on the site though, so make sure anything you tell me is something you're also comfortable with them knowing, however I will try to judge what I believe is and is not suitable to tell them myself. Thanks in advance for reading this, I hope you have a good day and I eagerly await your reply!

It's going to feel strange knowing he's really gone - it may seem odd to say that when I haven't even really talked to him in a long time, but...there's a big difference. Knowing it for a fact. I really hope we won't have to have anymore Littlegrey memorials. I don't know if I could handle it.

Rest in peace. We were glad to have you here.

#4 2016-09-25 06:56:35

I thought I owed the old Littlegrey community a visit and this was certainly an odd post to come back to...
Thanks for letting us know, Kristina, and please pass on our condolences to Peachy.

At least we'll always have him with us looking over old threads.

#5 2016-10-08 15:09:44

Strangely enough, when I saw a topic named after him, for some reason I knew that it was it... I hoped I was wrong.

Our Littlegrey Angel with a Shell.

#6 2016-10-08 20:58:08

Not sure how I missed this, the first time around, two weeks ago.

RIP Turtleboy and thanks for the update Kristina.

#7 2016-10-09 00:57:00

Sorry for not saying anything sooner, I couldn't really figure out what I should say.

I never got to know Turtleboy, but I'm sorry that he's gone. I hope you're all doing okay.

#8 2016-10-10 19:46:58

I'm kind of in the same boat as Potato, I never got the chance to chat with Josh here, but I am still very sad to hear about anything bad happening to our little (grey) family here.

I agree with Robot, in that our community here, while small, has always seemed really close. I have many good memories with many of the users here, and I know I would also have like Josh if I got the chance to know him.

Rest easy, Josh.

#9 2016-10-24 11:46:48

What Robot said really resonates my feelings. Every person on this website has had such a positive effect on my life. I began using this website as an immature boy, and grew small connections with every person here. We've all drifted apart in some ways, but I care a lot about you all. I'm so sorry that we have lost a member, and I hope that his family has been able to heal.

Board footer