Login to hide this advertisement

#21 2017-08-02 22:51:22

Re: SH!! Admin Says

I would read a story about his barnacle encrusted bottom if it were only the comment on a game of the day, maybe next to a funny VF post of the day, with a comment from his alter ego who lives in a mansion with supermodels. XD And no worries, I was and am just really bored. lol.

Login to hide this advertisement

#22 2017-08-02 22:57:41

The best discoveries and creations come via boredom. That's how everything comes to be. Someone gets bored and thinks "I could really do with a toaster." Or whatever. Or "God, I'm bored. I guess I'll go do some deep sea diving in the Atlantic Ocean." And such. So really, your boredom is helping us prosper. Somehow. Yeah, see, look at all this discussion. The forum's thriving, newly invigorated, all thanks to your boredom. Praise be! big_smile

#23 2017-08-04 09:45:45

I don't have time to be bored. Lol

#24 2017-08-04 12:05:00

Says bored person posting in all of the threads. tongue

#25 2017-08-04 13:08:12

That's mealtime chatter. smile

#26 2017-08-04 21:07:17

What is this mealtime chatter? I have never heard this expression.

#27 2017-08-04 22:44:57

It's what happens when you don't eat at a tv table.

#28 2017-09-07 10:52:56

cynnicysm wrote:

I've noticed less and less video posts, and it appears the forums are drying up too. Have we finally topped this mountain and are coming down again? Are you guys still getting as many site hits as before? I still check out the game just about every day, but I'm just too busy being an adult for much else.

Anyway, just wondered what the haps is.

g

just pointing out that I called this several years ago.

#29 2017-09-07 14:47:03

Doesn't really count as calling it when it had already started happening ages ago. tongue Calling it would've been more like "I bet Admin will disappear and only about five random weirdos will still visit the forums sometime in the future", and if you'd said that in like, 2008. big_smile

#30 2017-12-01 10:35:53

A thread titled "Quiet, Admin is speaking" should be a good place to shout this out:

WHAT THE FU<K IS HAPPENING AROUND HERE?

Dig Your Own Grave hasn't been updated since March, Video Fantastica has so many bugs that entomologists come in their sleep over it every night, and there aren't any explanatory post by the Man himself anywhere.

Well, at least that's what I'm assuming. I can't be bothered to sift throught the clusterfu<k of random posts fragmented across the entire board since Christmas.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Last edited by Wheelnut (2017-12-01 10:36:24)

#31 2017-12-01 19:04:00

he ded

#32 2017-12-04 10:06:35

Seriously? I've been suspecting the same thing, but I don't know whether or not you're making a joke.
Was it some stress related thing? Heart failure? It all seems very sudden to me.

#33 2017-12-15 20:32:05

As far as I know that's a joke.

The forums did die, but so did the entire flash game industry after apps became the better choice for new developers to make. That's my guess on it at least. It's sad to see the forums so slow, but pretty hard to fix imo.

Last edited by sir colton (2017-12-15 20:37:12)

#34 2017-12-16 13:54:21

That's a good point, colton. Still, while the forums have been pretty slow for the last few years, Admin was just as active as ever with getting games up on the site despite that. Well, at least until things started slowing down last year, and then just completely stopped this year. So I'm guessing it wasn't that which stopped him - just don't know what. And no chance of us really knowing until he comes back, if he comes back.

It's kind of sad that flash games have died - there's something unique about websites like this. They have a nice community feel. smile I'm just glad this place isn't COMPLETELY dead. I know a lot of other communities that fizzled out entirely in even just a few years, and I love that people are still sticking around these forums, even if not many.

As long as there's some semblance of community remaining, I'm happy with that. Doesn't look likely that there's going to be some explosion of popularity around here anytime soon anyway, sad to say, so may as well be happy with what we've still got here.

#35 2017-12-18 10:40:50

I did miss having a place to share things in my life. There's really nobody else I can tell things to...

#36 2017-12-18 12:49:37

Hey, see, we're good for something after all! big_smile I understand that in a way. Telling weird unknown internet people things is much easier than scary real people. wink

#37 2017-12-28 14:20:25

Scary real people truly are scary... D:

The thing I miss most about the lack of flash games or just posts on DYOG in general are the variety they provided in (gaming) experience. As I don't scour the web looking for these flash games and web videos, occasionally finding real gems, and rather find myself nowadays stuck with just a few select full release games which tend to become repetitive and youtube video or twitch channels with limited range of contents I realize that my internet and gaming experience has become rather stale. I now predominantly use reddit for the discovery and exploration of new topics that I never knew about or had an interest in, but I haven't really found any replacement for the daily half hour-entertainment that the flash game posts provided.
You are probably right, Sir Colton, in saying that flash games have died out partly due to the emergence and popularity of apps. But lets be honest here. The gaming experience of most game apps is utter shyte; unoriginal and riddled with microtransactions.

#38 2018-03-07 22:33:17

This quote feels like something Admin might say

"My fear of palindromes is really starting to affect my life, so I asked the doctor if he could prescribe me anything.

The bastard gave me Xanax."

Board footer